August 2019 #animaitsuki Challenge (Extended through September!)

This month will be different from the rest. Instead of a poll of which we always do, Jarrett and I already decided on the challenge: a tribute to Kyoto Animation.
I know that some of you guys are already collaborating for a tribute to them which is awesome. Help spread the word and love of a studio who brought much happiness to the world!

7 Likes

Yes, we all are saddened by the devastation the attack brought upon the anime industry, we lost a lot of good people in that fire. We want to make animations for this month’s Animaitsuki in honor of Kyoto animations incredible work.
source tumblr_p2r9yuwYMe1wga4wmo3_540

Let make animations based on our favorite shows that Kyoto Animation brought to us!

Remember to post your work here and on twitter at the end of the month with #animaitsuki and #アニ毎月

6 Likes

Hey guys! Good news!
Since a lot of us care deeply about this month’s animaitsuki(myself included), we’re going to extend this for another month alongside the September animaitsuki. The poll for that will be posted soon!

4 Likes

Wonderful. I was rushing to finish mine for this saturday… almost done. More time to correct some issues won’t hurt. Thanks.

1 Like

問題じゃない!
No problem at all! Glad people care about this.
Makes me proud to be apart of this community :3

1 Like

You have no idea how glad I’m to hear this. Guess I’ll take a day off tomorrow, lol.

2 Likes

Oh, awesome! I have the 1st genga done for my submission, but I REALLY wanna clean them up for this event. Might even go all the way and tween/color them! Thanks for letting us know! :smiley:

2 Likes

Got my idea ready for this challenge. Just need to clean up that first frame, and then work on building out the rough keyframes.

3 Likes

Fixed her proportions a bit

3 Likes

Beautiful line work :wink:
And beautiful character… Mio.
Trying to finish mine but struggling with wind and hair.
Will it be a september Animaitsuki challenge alongside the extended august one or not finally. I saw a poll that vanished :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! And yeah it will just be extended august this month.

Yeah hair and wind is tough, I’m going to attempt wind and cloth physics in this one of Mio, I always have the hardest time with the side burns, feel like they never really look right. They typically end up noodley

3 Likes

Rejected shot from my animaitsuki. Will post the final soon.
Gladly I didn’t do all the inbetweens for this one but it was difficult to reject it . Hairs are not on model and it was a problem with another shot. good training nevertheless.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Here is my tribute to Kyoto Animation. The final project have music on it… Really trying to go through all the process from the original idea to the compositing.
Looking forward to what everyone is doing.
The version with sound on my youtube channel https://youtu.be/EGMyw3X0C7E

14 Likes

Oh. My. Goodness.
This Is AWESOME! Wow

1 Like

Ahhhhhh this looks great!

1 Like

Damn, ive just seen this i would love to participate. Ill work expeditiously now

So here’s mine I guess. Not really an animation, it’s an animatic, but hey, it contains more unique drawings than any animation I’ve ever done (143 to be precise). It’s for the bigger KyoAni collab I advertised here some time ago. It grew from 30 seconds to 3:20 minutes, because I barely knew what I was doing, oops.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj8MJSlcMT0

8 Likes

Holy heck
I friggin love this so muuuuchhh!
Great job great job!
ua2slpm

3 Likes

Thanks. hopefully we can get the whole thing done reasonably quickly.

2 Likes