CLIPSTUDIO Practice! Starting anew! Link in post! Feb 6 2020

I’ve recently started using CSP (ClipStudioPaint) to practice my animation. From following the tips of these link: https://tips.clip-studio.com/en-us/articles/953

Practicing Short Animations (Moving Illustrations, Ugoira) “How to create moving illustrations #1” by ClipStudioOfficial - CLIP STUDIO TIPS

Blink%20Animation%202020%20of%20Aidan%20Practice%20on%20CSP
This is the blinking animation of one my ocs, Aidan (Valor Knight, you can see more of him and the others on my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jenny_e_star/

I did have to some tweaking though the instructions were kind of old but I made it out fine! I find this so cool to see my characters moving even though its just the eyes…

Bouncing%20Ball%20Animation%202020%20Practice%20on%20CSP

This is the bouncing ball…nothing too special with and now that I look at it…it is bouncing?? ._.)9?

(cough cough)

It may be small but it will mean alot in the long run for my future animations. Which I believe will be awesome!

Still need to study the Animator’s Survival book, drawing classes in Udemy and overall…

PRACTICE!

1 Like

Ye! Practice, practice, practice!
Learn from your mistakes and transcend your own abilities!
That being said, the blinking looks like she’s opening her eyes. The frames of the blink would be much faster.

And the ball doesn’t look like its bouncing. Practice the 12 principles of animation to see what I’m talking about.

1 Like

Oh!
Also I’ll be releasing tutorials for clip studio using this book:Short animation making course-Akiyoshi Watanabe Takashi rare works by CLIP STUDIO PAINT PRO/EX https://www.amazon.com/dp/4774187518/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_W6wpEb636SRD0
More like, translating it and showing the examples for people who cant read Japanese~

1 Like

Thank you for the critique! Appreciate it, it did make me feel a little bummed and cried one tear but I rather have honest feedback than lies. I just need to improve and continue on from here on out!

The blink animation was supposed to be a guy TuT too… oh well

And yes! The 12 principles will certainly help me out. One video from an channel called Alan Becker summarizes quite well.

1 Like

:star_struck::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:Thanks and great to hear! Will it be on YouTube? :relaxed:

1 Like

Oh
Sorry bout that, i thought he was a she!

And yeah sometimes critiques can be a little bit painful, but as long as you improve then it’ll be good! I’m looking forward to your improvement!

And most likely. I’m still ironing out the details for it. Debating on running it like a course/training thing on Discord where i can track assignments and such(dont let that scare you haha)
I will be releasing it towards the end of this month no later than march 1st~ so please look forward to it
Also debating on hosting weekly studies for drawing and a Japanese study group where we push each other to learn.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I will! I’m excited now :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :blush::blush::blush::rofl::rofl:
That sounds really good! Personally, I would do a Youtube series. I used Discord once but whatever works to track progress. I’ll just have to adapt.

1 Like

Thinkin of mixin the platforms so that the yt can be the series and the discord for the assignments and feedback

1 Like

Okay then, I guess you could try it out. Beta test it on something random and then see it works.

Which youtube channel are we talking about? I’d like to see those clip studio tutorials, might be a good chance to start using it

1 Like

It will be on my channel. Will provide the link when its all said and done!

1 Like