Discussion about non Disney/Pixar movies winning the Academy Awards

So, a Korean movie just won The Best Picture at the Academy Awards. For the longest time, I was of the opinion that people at the academy are too close minded to allow for such a thing. Do you guys think this win could mark some sort of change, allowing more good foreign movies to win in the future, or do you think it was some sort of “fluke”?

I’m of course mainly talking about The Best Animated Feature category, which has been plagued by ignorance pretty much since its inception, with some judges out right admitting not even having watched all the nominated movies and still casting a vote. Correct me if I’m wrong, but Funimation hasn’t even bothered sending Tenki no Ko for consideration last year, which is pretty bold message coming from a movie that successful.

I’m personally still sorta pessimistic about this, but had you asked me yesterday, I’d have told you that Parasite had no chance in hell of winning The Best Picture. Hence I’d like to hear your opinions on this. What do you think?

To my understanding, it was all about the producers of the movies. Should be americans to be elligible. “The Artist” a french movie won the oscar some years ago because The Weinstein Company was producing the american outting of the movie. It seems that it’s not the case with Parasite… rules are changing…