Drawings and Doodles

Post your latest studies, drawings, sketches, or doodles here. Constructive crit and comments are encouraged!
Ill start with some of my own stuff.

14 Likes

Those…as some niiiiice drawings. Teach me 先輩!

Thanks!
Hope to see posts from you and other members too!

1 Like

20190424_163126
20190424_142126

Been getting back in drawing again. I’m reworking a piece I did at the beginning of the year. Turning this to a playmat when it’s done:)

1 Like

Your drawings are really good :heart_eyes: ( I wish I am this good)
I am studying backgrounds and animals (mostly birds) I think learning extra skills other than drawing characters will help in the future :thinking: also backgrounds help give a scene of place and 3 dimensionality

5 Likes

Nice stuff! You might try checking out the artist Peter Han for some great tutorials on drawing things in perspective. He also has a lot of great tutorials on drawing from life with simple shapes to simplify drawing complex things like animals. I think you should be able to find a lot of his stuff by searching “Peter Han Style” on Google.

1 Like

Here’s some designs for a storyboard project! looking forward to working on it.

6 Likes

Those mech designs look really good, there’s a lot of personality in them. Awesome work!

Trying to figure out a good workflow on TVPaint.

2 Likes

Playing around with layouts before I knew what layouts were haha. Even the colors are off, and making the water yellow was probably not a good idea. It’s a bit old, but i still like the quality of this one.

6 Likes

Really nice! I got to see your Twitter feed and you have a lot of awesome stuff. The perspective on the flagstones feels really natural. Did you freehand it or use a grid?

Thanks! I free-handed them

You’re very highly skilled Will.

Trying to get a basic understanding of drawing birds from reference

2 Likes

Will your drawings are fantastic!!!
I really need to work on my linework…
Here are some character drafts I did for a passion project :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

I dig your character design! I can’t quite put my finger on what it reminds me of, but it feels familiar. Who would you say your inspirations/influences come from style-wise?

1 Like

Thank you!
I’d say my inspirations are from Studio Trigger works, like Little Witch Academia and Kill La Kill.

1 Like

Love both of those :smiley:

I have one of the cels from LWA framed over my desk, got it from backing the first project :slight_smile:

Such a lively and energetic style.

1 Like

I may not always get around to animating in a day, but I usually try for at least an hour of sketching something if I can’t. I usually just go until I fill up the canvas and then start a new one so it’s hard to date them but it’s a mix of late 2019/early 2020 stuff I think :slight_smile:

8 Likes

These are some character sprites that I’ve made for my animated visula novel game.

2 Likes