Traditional art for animations

I have a big focus on traditional art in anime. Let’s discuss! I do mostly all physical art and move most of my physical work into the digital media. The goal is to achieve the classic look that is lacking from more current animations.

1 Like

I don’t mind digital background art as much. I have no idea why some people get so worked up about. I’m glad that we have someone in the community that focuses mainly on background art because it’s unthreaded and enigmatic ground for most of us.

1 Like

Yes background art one important part of animation because it is the stage where the characters interact, that’s why I am studying backgrounds using gouache and watercolor (I’m not very good at it though :disappointed: hopefully I will get better in the future )

would love to help if you are willing?

1 Like

Thanks! it will be great if can help​:pray:, I can sketch backwards with a pencil but not very good at coloring them :persevere: if you have links to educative tutorials that would be helpful :pray:

Oh for sure. I also paint on my stream and you could ask me whatever you needed as we go along. Also if you want to we can work through some scenes and basic fundamentals of watercolor one on one. Valley#1437 is my discord so message me on there and we can get to it.

1 Like