WIP/Feedback & Critiques

I think it would be cool to have a thread where people can post what they are currently working on. I’m currently working on a cut where a girl is running away from bullet fire. I plan to have the scene continue from her to end up with a bullet wound in the leg, and then collapsing and having to confront the person who is chasing her, but for now my goal is just to get this completed.

We should welcome critiques too so we can improve!

2 Likes

Looks like a great start! It’s an ambitious shot. As for constructive feedback, the pacing is a bit too even for an action shot, for my tastes, and maybe some more exaggerated key poses would work well if she’s dodging bullets? At the moment it doesn’t feel like she’s afraid of being shot at, unless that was the idea xD.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll see if I can exaggerate it a bit. I agree

How’s this for the motion? I plan on playing with the timing a bit, but I think this is probably a better start

2 Likes

That looks great! Definitely more convincing bullet dodging =D. Nice work!

1 Like

As for myself, I’m working on this thing: https://youtu.be/YQgqQsR404E
2/3 through clean up now.

Any way to embed youtube videos? xD

2 Likes

Update: I decided to stop trying to draw the character and just get the motions down first.

3 Likes

This is looking really great!

3 frames of an emotion animation that I’m doing :3

1 Like

2 more frames for the animation. Last frame looks like she stepped on a landmine. I will draw a few more so I can make a gif :3

2 Likes

1 Like

One suggestion that I have for that is that you need to think about her forms as 3 dimensional, a lot of the features are flattened by that.

If I find some time, i’ll do a red line to show you that I mean, until then though, this is another thing that will help a lot.

In anime drawings it’s best to let the eyelash continue past the whites of the eyes.

Also if you push the pupils back a bit it can help a lot with adding depth

3 Likes

Wow thanks for the feedback! I would’ve never thought about the eyelash thing!

Some of my ideas on things to consider:

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll definitely consider those for my next illustrations!

1 Like

I forgot to add this.

9 Likes

How does this look for a turning animation​:thinking: any advice would help :pray:

1 Like

It doesn’t seem like you spent much time on this. For something like this expect to spend a few hours atleast on key poses. You may want to make sure you are keeping the forms consistent first, because it will be the only way to tell if the animation is correct.

I would also suggest having a few more key poses. For a turn like that it might be good to have him turn is head first, then turn his body to walk off.

If you put this on a timeline you can see that it doesn’t really work as an animation.

The first thing you should do is try to make the figure consistent and then assess the animation

1 Like

This is a quick trace of your animation where I try to make the forms consistent. You can see the problems a lot easier this way. He’s missing a lot of movements that would make this believable. What you need to do is act out the motion you want to draw with your own body and note how all your limbs and head move and animate based on that.

2 Likes

Adding on, I believe the head turns before the body. Add some more life to the movement like some more swaying on the body and some head turnings. You can maybe add a lil dip into it.

2 Likes